Jing'an Temple was built in 242 A.D. (in the Three Kingdoms Period) and removed to the site where it stands today in 1216 (the 9th year under reign of Jia Ding of the Southern Song Dynasty). The temple was reconstructed after the Yuan Dynasty but all the constructions were damaged except the Grand Buddha Hall in the period of Taiping Heavenly Kingdom (1851-1864). The Three Saints Hall was set up in 1921 in the temple that was refit in 1999. In addition to the memorial hall, Grand Hall, the Hall of Heavenly Kings, there are some precious historic relics such as the stele engraved with Zhao Gou's (Emperor Song Gaozong of the Southern Song Dynasty) inscription and a big bell made in the 2nd year under reign of Hong Wu of the Ming Dynasty. A fair held on the 8th of April of lunar calendar lasts for three days each year in Jing'an Temple that stands at 1686 West Nanjing Road. It is Jing'an Temple--the famous ancient monastery¡ª that brings the name and fame to Jing'an District.