Located at 1,836-1,858 Middle Huaihai Road, the 8-storey building was built in 1924 of reinforced concrete structure with a height of 30 meters and a construction area of 9,275 square meters. It was formerly known as Normandy Mansions and is called Wukang Building after 1953. The building faces south and looks like a ship from the west. It is the oldest apartment construction of gallery type in Shanghai and the outer appearance features French renaissance style. The elevation is divided into three parts with the horizontal lines generated by the continuous verandas.