Constructed in 1900 under the neo-classicism, the tree-storey construction is located at 1517 Middle Huaihai Road with a floor area of 1,775 square meters. It is of brick and wood structure and consists of the main building and side buildings. At the south-facing central entrance there is a porch propped with two pillars on both sides. Inside is the hall accompanied on both sides with staircases topped by sunshades made of color glass. Teaks decorate the hall and the rooms of the upper floors. It was originally the residence of a Germane and later was the private villa of Sheng Xuanhuai (a figure in the Westernization Movement and the founder of the Nanyang Public School).