The Second General Office of the Shanghai Municipal People's Government
Standing at 33 Bund (33 No.1 East Zhongshan Road), the Second General Office of the Shanghai Municipal People's Government was formerly known as the British Consulate. The building constructed in 1849 and repaired in 1852 was burned down in 1870 and the construction standing was built in 1873 and it is the oldest one of the well-kept buildings on the Bund. It is a two-story building in a Renaissance style with a square-shaped outer appearance. The front center of the first floor sees five arched windows and the roof is coved with the tiles in the style of the Ming and Qing Dynasty. The spacious lawn lies in front of the building enhances the beauty of the environment.